The Senior Financial Analyst looks at margins and trends by completing an in-depth analysis of Aeration’s revenue in industries, applications, territories, etc. This person knows the industry, recognizes opportunities and strives to increase revenue/margins. They will communicate sectors where Aeration is thriving, through the preparation and distribution of reports to the Board of Directors, Managers, and Staff.
- Collaborate with sales, operations and procurement to create processes that save money and drive results
- Provide accurate and timely reports and analysis to management, sales team and department heads to facilitate smart business decisions
- Perform analytics for Aeration (& other Newterra groups as required) to make recommendations to senior management
Credit Management/Accounts Receivable:
- Maintain Aeration’s open AR listing to ensure customers are paying timely. Participate in weekly AR call to give updates on delinquent customers and large dollar invoices.
- Work with accounting support and sales to drive DSO lower
- Help manage the company’s letter of credits
- Work with sales team to ensure documentation is in place to be covered by EXIM insurance
- File EXIM shipments monthly and mange payment terms for international customers
- Responsible for month end close timeline to ensure newterra reporting deadlines are met
- Responsibilities include bank reconciliation, sales margin analysis, revenue recognition, rep and inhouse sales commissions calculations
- Assist in preparing SBU package and participate in monthly CEO call
Manage Accounting Support Position:
- Train and manage Accounting Support position
- Ensure daily tasks like invoicing, cash application, payable entry and accounts receivable follow up are being completed timely and accurately.
- Own the Transfer Pricing policy for newterra and its subsidiaries
- Review the Transfer Pricing policy bi-annually and adjust for business needs and changes
Sales & Use Tax:
- Ensure sales tax exemption forms are being received when new customer is being set up.
- Monitor invoices to ensure we are collecting sales tax when necessary and the correct amount.
- Ensure sales & use tax are being filed timely on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Leads the finance team
- Audit lead for interim and annual audits
- Lead for internal control testing as it relates to Aeration division.
- Goal-oriented with a desire to increase business performance
- Ambition to drive ad-hoc projects and developing custom analytics
- Desire to understand the business, influence change, and employ critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with Aeration staff, identify deficiencies and provide solutions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and 2-5 years’ experience
- Experience in financial analysis
- Knowledge of GAAP, with high degree of accuracy
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically intermediate Excel
- Accrual and month-end experience preferred
- Knowledge of Dynamics GP a plus