Geographical Area: The India, Europe and Other Regions includes the following geographical regions and countries: India, Europe, Africa, Russia, Eastern Europe and Middle East.
Regional Sales Managers are responsible for selling Aeration Industries products through the achievement of opportunity-based order quotas. They will reach business targets through the use of excellent sales and communications skills. This individual will develop his or her revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for working with customers to understand their requirements in order to help them find and purchase the right product. Furthermore, this individual must maintain thorough, up to date knowledge of the company’s products and services to ensure a good fit between the customer’s needs and Aeration Industries products. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible to negotiate sales through to an executed purchase order in line with the company’s policies.
- Establish ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers.
- Work with prospects to fully understand existing and potential customer’s situations and requirements.
- Answer questions and offer suggestions to prospects based on a thorough knowledge of the product line.
- Where applicable, offer additional products/services to customers related to the sale.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Assist customers with any relevant paperwork to complete the sale, including negotiation to a fully executed final purchase order.
- If applicable, responsible for the success of the Manufacturers Rep network in achieving their annual order quota. This includes supporting the Manufacturer’s Rep by setting expectations, meeting their resource and training needs, monitoring their progress, and motivating their success in selling Aeration Industries products.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of competitor’s products for comparison.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on all opportunities and customer contact details in Microsoft Dynamic CRM.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Support Aeration Industries personnel as required for closing out customer issues such as field troubleshooting and payment.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
- Create development plans to promote profitable and reliable growth of sales in target regions and segments.
- Forecasts, reports and analysis of regional and segment sales and margin results.
- Manage the budget for your territories and be able to track and report on budgets.
- Evaluate and present recommendations of products and services aligning with targeted regions and segments.
- Develop reports and presentations to deliver development plans, activities and results.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop solutions to promote brand and value propositions.
- Assist in development and production of marketing collateral to deliver to clients and channel partners.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Responsible to report all safety concerns, near misses and incidents to their Manager immediately.
- Responsible for performing duties in a safe manner and promoting safety to others in accordance with the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Driven and self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Well organized with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Values team success, leading, influencing and supporting others as required.
- Effective communicator, with ability to listen, learn, discern and act.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Ability to qualify opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Exceptional verbal communication, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Critical thinker, capable of understanding broad concepts and translating to actionable plans.
- Maintain code of ethics, integrity and passion at all times.
- Ability to remain effective with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance.
- Bachelor’s degree Required.
- Five (5) years of work experience in a sales capacity.
- 5+ years of experience in international business preferred. Minimum 2 years required.
- Technical knowledge/familiarity of wastewater treatment equipment (municipal and/or industrial).
- Experience with international travel required with the ability to travel out of the country 30-50% of the time.
- Valid passport and ability to travel to and from locations within assigned territories.
- Communication and writing proficiency. Bi or Multilingual a plus but not required.
- Microsoft Office applications proficiency.
- Management experience preferred, but not required.