The role of project manager is to help improve profitability and increase customer satisfaction by coordinating product and system order procurement, installation and delivery. This role entails duties from the time an order is received to the time orders are fully operational at client sites along with customer satisfaction through the warranty period.
- Proactively interpret plans, specifications, and contract documents to identify and develop project execution requirements. Work with the sales team to coordinate all quoting and submittal activities and provide a competitive difference by anticipating customer needs and responding to inquiries.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission and approval of submittal documents, including technical quality control of documents such as order details, submittal records and change orders.
- Strive to become the technical expert and go-to resource in all aspects of executing projects.
- Proactively coordinate with all departments to ensure timely execution of projects, maximization of profits and effective use of Company resources.
- Coordinate on-site start-up and training of controls and equipment.
- Lead efforts to develop and/or improve policies, procedures, processes and systems to effectively manage projects. Effectively manage customer and field service requirements of new and existing customers. Communicate outstanding service items to regional sales groups with updates on progress, resolution and completion dates.
- Provide/gain technical expertise, e.g. process, mechanical, structural, electrical knowledge, etc. whenever possible. Be a resource in all aspects of executing projects.
- Communicate expectations, order status, other relevant information to customers, departments and management in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively participate in teams and work cross-functionally to promote a positive, results oriented and high performing Company environment.
- Effective communicator and cross functional collaborator
- Ability to remain calm and effective in a fast moving environment with multiple tasks and priorities
- Capable of resolving conflict in a positive and effective manner
- Detail oriented with ability to creatively solve technical challenges and manage timelines
- Passion for wastewater industry
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in wastewater industry, or
- 5-7 years as a field technician or operator of a wastewater treatment facility with project management experience, or
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Possession of or ability to receive PMP certification
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, strong plus
- Track record of achieving measurable results.