The Production Assembler is a key member of the Production Team for ensuring on-time delivery of quality products to our customers. The role will take work direction from the Production Supervisor and works closely with Assembly, Quality Control, Purchasing and the Operations Coordinator to ensure efficient use of time and materials.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble equipment and sub-components of equipment utilizing pick tickets, bills of material and assembly drawings to maintain the highest level of quality. Complete all necessary forms and paperwork required for complete assembly and sub-assemblies.
- Package equipment for domestic and international shipments and prepare shipping documents when needed.
- Use power tools, powers saw, and hand tools as needed to perform daily job activities.
- Operate material handling equipment to load and unload trucks. Work with the Quality Control/Inspection personnel to move material from inspection receiving location to various locations within the warehouse.
- Package and ship replacement parts orders daily.
- Contribute continuously to the quality improvement of Company products and production methods through constructive suggestions. Assist in updating equipment assembly procedures at regular intervals.
- Perform accurate cycle counts of assigned material as required and maintain accurate and adequate inventory levels of assigned workstations.
- Promote safety and maintain a clean and orderly workstation and warehouse. Attend production and safety meetings regularly.
- Perform other duties as directed and undertake special projects as needed.
- Field Service
- Occasional field service back-up
- Evaluate installations and ensure that they are installed and assembled correctly, are running correctly and that all necessary parts were received.
- Train on-site Operators on equipment usage and general maintenance.
- Good hand-eye coordination, mechanically inclined
- Positive attitude with a desire for growth
- Effective communicator with an aptitude for listening and understanding customer needs
- Proactive and results driven
- Resourceful, self-starter
- A team player with the ability to lead, influence and support others
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Responsiveness to internal and external customer needs
- Ability to remain calm and effective in a fast moving environment with multiple tasks and priorities
- Capable of resolving conflict in a positive and effective manner
- Detail oriented with ability to creatively solve technical challenges and manage timelines
- Willing to travel when necessary (10%-40% anticipated)
- Professional presence during field service as noted in company handbook
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Assembly and/or warehouse background
- Ability to lift 60-75 pounds
- Experience in welding and/or metal work a plus
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints
- Good driving record
- Forklift certification a plus
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel