The role of the Process Engineering Team Lead is to supervise the process engineering team and provide design and technical support by coordinating and communicating with other teams, channel partners, consulting engineers, contractors and operators on the design aspects and proper application of Aeration Industries’ equipment and systems solutions. This includes managing all design calculations, scope of supply and layouts for proposals. Your responsibilities begin from the time the initial request is received to the time orders are fully operational. As a team lead, this role will provide guidance and instructions to the internal team, setting clear team goals, delegate tasks and creating a motivating team environment.
- Align all activities to promote Aeration Industries International’s strategic plan and reflect the organization’s Mission, Values and Vision with every action.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all solutions offered by Aeration Industries.
- Oversee day to day operation of process engineering team
- Set clear team goals and monitor team performance by reporting on metrics
- Listen to team member feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant wastewater treatment equipment and processes.
- Design functional solutions using sound engineering principles to meet the needs of clients.
- Provide timely, accurate, complete, organized and competitive solutions to promote performance and growth.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of project design information and modifications.
- Listen and observe activity within the industry to combine and apply ideas to create innovative solutions and add value to the organization.
- Increase team technical expertise of designs with respect to biological, mechanical, structural and electrical mechanisms.
- Provide effective and creative solutions to meet client’s requirements for all technical support requests. This may include calculations, equipment application, layout drawings, detailed design descriptions, costing, proposal generation and/or design review.
- Follow-up on submitted designs regularly and record relevant feedback on methods or approaches to improve future designs.
- Review plans, specifications, and contract documents to identify and develop project execution requirements prior to bid.
- Coordinate and execute assigned projects by fully understanding project scope; communicating with customers, and internal staff regarding installation requirements, expectations, and preparedness steps.
- Provide on-site engineering support for start-ups and installations, which includes process start-up and monitoring, trouble shooting and operator training.
- Actively participate in teams and work cross functionally to promote a positive, results oriented and high performing environment.
- Be responsive to internal and external customer needs and willing to travel when necessary (20% – 30% anticipated).
- Maintain a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- All other tasks or objectives as assigned.
- Positive attitude with a desire for growth and success.
- Effective communicator and cross functional collaborator.
- Proactive and results driven.
- A team player with the ability to lead, influence and support others.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in a fast moving environment with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Capable of resolving conflict in a positive and effective manner.
- Detail oriented with ability to creatively solve technical challenges and manage timelines.
- Passion for wastewater industry and the environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4~5 years’ Experience with design and/or evaluation of full scale wastewater treatment plants and processes required.
- Laboratory, pilot plant, or operations experience in wastewater providing hands-on process experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental, Chemical, Civil Engineering or Biology with preference for a focus on wastewater treatment, MS preferred
- Strong math, computer, and technical aptitude.
- Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Office and CAD programs.
- BioWin or GPS-X experience preferred.