The Operations Coordinator is the driver of activities necessary to achieve 100% on-time shipping. They are the hub of Operations, interacting regularly with Sales, Purchasing, Production and Customers to ensure timely production and shipping while communicating the production schedule. He or she will evaluate the logistics process, support Purchasing and Inventory management, and be an asset to the sales team customers and representatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review orders entered into Dynamics CRM and Great Plains and prepare orders for printing. Print orders and create necessary work orders. Communicate and work regularly with Sales department on necessary changes to orders.
- Anticipate and have a plan for resolving production schedule changes and conflicts.
- Assist Operations Manager with requests from the Sales department regarding lead time of products.
- Collaborate with municipal, industrial and aquaculture sales teams to ensure complete and accurate orders are processed on time.
- Assist Production team as needed with assembly of product and packaging and shipping of orders.
- Communicate to Sales on disposition of RMAs. Follow-up on RMAs – Use RMA database to update RMAs. Work with Accounting when necessary to issue credit to the customer and update inventory.
- Perform other duties as directed and undertake special projects as required.
- Communicate with the Production team on estimated ship dates and coordinate shipping activities as needed based on freight terms or order. Ensure that shipping containers are here and complete required shipping documents and distribute as needed. Update Sales department on ship dates of orders.
- Work with freight forwarders and logistics companies to obtain the best rates to ship orders and quotes entered by sales.
- Support the Sales team and coordinate responses to external customers, primarily on the status of purchase orders and documentation.
- Be the liaison between sales and other cross functional municipal and industrial teams: customer service, marketing, finance and quality.
- Work directly with vendors to purchase parts and expedite delivery of required parts. Identify potential delivery problems and take proactive steps to prevent delays. Assist Senior Buyer with follow up of open purchase orders and update expected delivery date of items on order.
- Work as a team with the Senior Buyer to cover all purchasing requirements for the company.
- Maintain product database ensuring current and accurate product price costs and lead times. Coordinate with sales and operations teams to set and update product market prices.
- Proactive, energetic and influential
- Ability to prioritize and streamline processes and make efficiencies
- Forward-thinker with the desire to see positive results
- Ability to respond to urgent matters and work at a quick pace
- Timely, organized, process-driven and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills to create efficiencies
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Economics or related field, OR Associate degree with equivalent warehouse or operations experience.
3+ years’ experience in international and domestic logistics, operations, supply chain management, warehouse management and/or purchasing.
Aptitude to learn CRM, Great Plains or Purchasing systems
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.