Summary of Position
The Marketing Manager actively contributes to development of the marketing plan, providing tangible information and recommendations to promote decisive action resulting in profitable and predictable growth of the organization. The position works across a variety of levels inside and outside the organization to coordinate and design targeted marketing campaigns based on data and market understanding to drive measurable results. The Marketing Manager is also accountable for consistency of the brand across the organization. The Marketing Manager plays a crucial role in generating enthusiasm and momentum around the marketing initiatives, strengthening the reputation within the industry, ultimately driving substantial growth of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in development of regional, market segment, marketing and strategic plans to promote profitable and predictable growth in sales.
- Collect, evaluate and present market research data to support targeted development in market segments, products, services, and geographical regions.
- Evaluate and present recommendations of products and services aligning with targeted segments and regions.
- Develop and execute marketing plan, including targeted campaigns and associated budgets to promote measurable results in target segments and regions.
- Budget management.
- Assessment and reporting of marketing activity metrics.
- Incremental improvements in quantity and quality of leads.
- Create consistent messaging to promote brand and value propositions of the organization, products and services. Includes printed and digital material, tradeshow collateral, presentations, office organization, etc.
- Manage written web content, organization and SEO to improve rank of the company in internet search results.
- Participate and collaborate in cross-functional teams to develop solutions to promote brand and value propositions.
- Coordination with channel partners to promote consistency and recognition of brand and value propositions.
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or Communication related areas of study.
Graduate degree will be considered favorably.
- 5-10 years’ experience in marketing role, water industry preferred.
- Management experience of at least 2 or more direct reports.
- Ability to lead initiatives and present at meetings.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time, globally. Passport required.
- Familiarity with water industry associations and media contacts. Committee or Board member will be considered favorably.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple activities.
- Experience managing expectations across multiple agendas with limited resources and measuring effectiveness/results.
- Develop and maintain a marketing budget and demonstrate ROI.
- Microsoft Office applications proficiency.
- Enthusiastic and innovative.
- Effective verbal and written communication, with ability to lead, influence and support others.
- Results driven.
- Ability to remain effective with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Critical thinking, capable of understanding broad concepts and translating to actionable plans.