This role works with Assembly, Field Service, Quality Control, and Operations to ensure efficient use of time and materials. When performing field service, they support customers with start-ups and service issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble equipment and sub-components of equipment utilizing pick tickets, bills of material and assembly drawings to maintain the highest level of quality. Complete all necessary forms and paperwork required for complete assembly and sub-assemblies.
- Package equipment for domestic and international shipments and prepare shipping documents when needed.
- Use power tools, powers saw, and hand tools as needed to perform daily job activities.
- Operate material handling equipment to load and unload trucks. Work with the Quality Control/Inspection personnel to move material from inspection receiving location to various locations within the warehouse.
- Package and ship replacement parts orders daily.
- Contribute continuously to the quality improvement of Company products and production methods through constructive suggestions. Assist in updating equipment assembly procedures at regular intervals.
- Perform accurate cycle counts of assigned material as required and maintain accurate and adequate inventory levels of assigned workstations.
- Promote safety and maintain a clean and orderly workstation and warehouse. Attend production and safety meetings regularly.
- Balance shafts.
- Cut props.
- Perform other duties as directed and undertake special projects as needed.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all solutions offered by Aeration Industries. And develop and maintain knowledge of relevant wastewater treatment equipment and processes.
- Provide equipment start-up and customer service support in the field.
- Establish and understand field service objectives and make arrangements to execute the objectives identified.
- Formally report field service activities completed, opportunities identified and customer input received.
- Establish and maintain a respectful working relationship with all clients. Aim to be seen as a reliable and knowledgeable resource to all clients.
- Communicate travel schedule and priorities with supervisor.
- Communicate with Supervisor during trips.
- Produce detailed field service reports, summarizing daily activities.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical equipment failures and determine proper solutions.
- Provide feedback to Aeration Industries Staff from information and experience gathered in the field to increase product improvement.
- Modify production parts.
- Fabricate new products and innovations after they are designed.
Key Characteristics :
- Positive attitude with a desire for growth and success
- Effective communicator with an aptitude for listening and understanding customer needs
- Proactive and results driven
- Resourceful, self-starter
- A team player with the ability to lead, influence and support others
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Responsiveness to internal and external customer needs
- Ability to remain calm and effective in a fast moving environment with multiple tasks and priorities
- Capable of resolving conflict in a positive and effective manner
- Detail oriented with ability to creatively solve technical challenges and manage timelines
- Willing to travel when necessary (10%-40% anticipated)
- Professional presence during field service, as noted in company handbook
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to lift 60-75 pounds
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints
- 2-4 years mechanical experience
- Experience in welding and/or metal work
- Experience working with a lathe and mill
- Good driving record
- Have sufficient funds for basic travel expenses until company reimbursement
- Forklift certification a plus
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Metal Work: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent