The Application Engineer provides the foundation required to be successful within Domestic Industrial and Municipal Wastewater and Aquaculture market segments. The individual in this position will facilitate all internal support needs across departments to develop responses to the requests of Domestic Regional Sales Managers. The Application Engineer is also required to monitor and respond to clients within the targeted industrial segments to increase value to the clients and maintain sustainable business relationships within the territories. This is an influential position within the organization, generating understanding, support and enthusiasm to bring success to segment and organization performance.
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Passionate, positive and enthusiastic.
- Curious, creative and innovative.
- Responsive, with consistency, quality and speed in all correspondence.
- Attention to detail, well organized and ability to prioritize activities.
- Ability to remain effective with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Values team success, influencing and supporting others as required.
- Adherence to business development plans in industrial market segments of focus.
- Record management of market channels, active projects and clients in focus market segments, including upkeep of files and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) entities.
- Timely, accurate, complete and organized delivery of information and material to Business Development Manager, market channel partners, customer prospects and existing clients.
- Internal sales process management to meet external demands. Primarily communicating needs, relevant information and deadlines to the appropriate departments and reviewing information and materials prior to delivering to external groups or clients.
- Proposal generation, assembling supporting documents, costs and developing pricing and margin for review by Business Development Manager.
- Reporting of market segment development activity and performance metrics; primarily quantity, quality and conversion rate of leads, opportunities and sales.
- Market channel and client identification, interaction and early development in focus segments.
- Client relationship development for accounts in focus segments to increase value through ongoing support, including planning, reporting, services and sales.
- Identify new products and services aligning with targeted segment and client needs.
- Negotiate contracts including payment terms, production, logistics, services, etc.
- Market research related to segments, products and services to support development plans and generate leads in the respective segments.
- Develop reports and presentations to deliver development plans, activities and results.
- Existing market channel and client development activities.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop solutions to promote brand and value propositions.
- Assist in development and production of marketing collateral to deliver to clients and channel partners.
- Travel – up to 20%
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience in sales, engineering or industry segment.
- Communication and writing proficiency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple activities.
- Microsoft Office applications proficiency.