Summary of Position
This role is multi-faceted, supporting the finance team and Human Resources. As a member of the finance team, this role is vital in supporting the Financial Analysts through day-to-day tasks related to AR and AP. As the initial face and voice of our company, they display positivity and are attentive to the overall feel of Aeration Industries. They take pride in the positive experience of our customers and the appearance of our building and proactively offer support to other AII staff. This person helps improve the overall Aeration brand through professional communication, building upkeep and personal branding. By owning phone coverage, office inventory and the visitor experience, the Accounting Support/Office Admin plays a dynamic role on the team.
Accounting Support Primary Responsibilities
- Process Accounts Payable invoices including: manufacturing, vendor, freight and credit cards.
- Participate in weekly AP meeting and resolve discrepancies with customers. Field vendor payment inquiries.
- Process bi-monthly check run.
- Maintain current AR: Participate in weekly AR meeting, resolve discrepancies with customers, collect outstanding AR, and work to reduce our days sales outstanding (DSO).
- Maintain and update customer statuses: Enter new customers into the system, update customer information, process/print customer invoices and credit memos.
- Process daily banking activity and reconcile bank to Great Plains system.
- Process credit card payments by customers.
- Assist in preparation of company audits and tax inquiries.
Office Administration Primary Responsibilities
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed, including routing customer service calls to the appropriate places.
- Remain continuously accountable for phone coverage, communicating backup needs to assigned staff and communicating to staff when employees are out of the office.
- Proactively prepare for visitors: update welcome board, order food, set up refreshments, snacks and computer in board room/training room, etc. Issue invitation letters for international visitors obtaining visas to the U.S. Make sure visitors are comfortable by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately. Communicate backup needs to Human Resources.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers in a timely manner after delivery.
- Maintain office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level. Anticipate needed supplies, place and expedite orders for supplies, verify receipt of supplies.
- Complete monthly filing of sales and shipping documents, including bills of lading, invoices, shipping confirmations, etc.
- Backup entering of leads into CRM for sales managers who temporarily need additional sales support.
- Backup updating appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments as requested, including travel and vacation calendar for staff.
- Distribute emails and faxes from Aeration Industries website and fax machines to appropriate personnel.
- Perform other clerical office functions such as filing, copying, collating, faxing, watering plants, etc.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, depositing money into postage machine, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Occasionally ship tradeshow materials after they are prepped by Marketing.
- Maintain representative database and maps (individual reps, municipal, industrial, territories) and save in public folders.
- Perform other office functions and projects as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or 2+ years of equivalent work experience
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Credit and Collections Experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with all departments
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency in Microsoft products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience working with multi-line phone system
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Proficiency in GP, CRM, and Adobe Acrobat preferred